LINKS TO PD INFORMATION
Parkinson's Disease Foundation
Ph: (800) 457-6676
Founded in 1957, PDF is a leading national presence in Parkinson's disease research, patient education and public advocacy. They are working for the nearly one million people in the US living with Parkinson's disease by funding promising scientific research and supporting people with Parkinson's, their families and caregivers through educational programs and support services. Through their Parkinson's Information
Service (PINS), they offer:
- A support service run by trained health professionals and medical staff to answer questions on any aspect of Parkinson's disease through our toll-free helpline, (800) 457-6676, and web service, "Ask the Expert."
- Print and audiovisual educational materials on Parkinson's disease.
- A monthly email blast with the latest scientific and community news.
National Parkinson Foundation
Ph: (800) 327-4545
NPF funds scientific research and provides information, support and education for patients, their families and healthcare professionals.
The National Parkinson Foundation makes a number of excellent resources books available free of charge. These books can be downloaded directly from there site using the attached link. We also stock a number of these books at our office and you may request copies by contacting us at email@example.com or by calling (412) 365-2080.
American Parkinson's Disease Association
Ph: (800) 223-2732
Founded in 1961, the mission of the APDA is to "Ease the Burden and Find the Cure" for Parkinson's disease.
- APDA works to achieve this through research, patient support and education.
- Locate regional APDA Chapters and Information and Referral Centers.
The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research
Ph: (800) 708-7644
The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research works to find a cure for Parkinson's disease by providing grants to help guarantee that new and innovative research avenues are thoroughly funded and explored.