Current Job Openings
The Parkinson Foundation Western Pennsylvania (PFWPA) is seeking an executive director. PFWPA provides assistance and services for those with Parkinson’s Disease and their families through programs addressing exercise, education and emotional and social support. PFWPA was founded in 1995 and has an annual budget of approximately $750,000. More information about the Foundation can be found at pfwpa.org. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
• Leading PFWPA in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors and reflected in the strategic plan.
• Communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
• Identifying and securing resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
• Preparing (with the appropriate involvement of the staff) a proposed annual budget.
• Submitting to the Board of Directors monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
• Providing fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
• Engaging in fundraising and the development of other resources necessary to support PFWPA’s mission.
• Ongoing strategic planning to ensure that PFWPA successfully fulfills its mission into the future.
• Enhancing PFWPA’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
• Effectively administering PFWPA’S operations.
• Hiring, reviewing and maintaining competent, qualified staff.
• Signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments, authorized by the Board of Directors and entered into on behalf of the organization.
• A bachelor’s degree, master’s degree preferred
• Transparent and high integrity leadership
• Five or more years senior nonprofit management experience
• Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
• Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector
• Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers
• Significant public speaking experience with comfort representing the organization in on-air media settings
• Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
• A commitment to the mission of PFWPA
Typical Job Responsibilities:
1. Planning and operation of annual budget.
2. Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operations.
3. Serving as the primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public.
4. Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations that can enhance PFWPA’s mission.
5. Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions and fundraising.
6. Supervise organization staff.
7. Strategic planning and implementation.
8. Prepare necessary materials for presentation at Board of Directors’ meetings.
9. Oversee marketing and other communications efforts.
10. Review and approve contracts for services.
11. Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
Interested parties should mail a letter of interest, along with a resume to: Executive Director Search Parkinson Foundation Western Pennsylvania 575 Lincoln Avenue Bellevue, PA 15202 0r email those materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org